The questions about vision continue to come my way:

[log in to unmask] (Nancy S. Shlaes) has intractable double vision at
times not helped by "strong prism."  First, I hope you are not trying to
correct with bifocals, but are wearing separate distance and near glasses.
Second, if you are holding the book very near, you need even stronger prism
and even stronger correction for near. How about holding it a little farther
away.  Third, at those times when the double is impossible to fuse, try a
piece of scotch-tape on the inside of the left eyeglass lens.  You'll see
single, for sure, and it will be surprisingly comfortable. Finally, if you
blink several times, the "double" due to dry eyes will also resolve.

Jacqueline Winterkorn, PhD, MD