Tony Wainwright wrote:

> I hope I have got this right as it is my first time sending on this list. I
> am a clinical psychologist who is working in Cornwall England and with some
> colleagues trying to write a manual for the use of cognitive therapy by
> therapists and people with parkinson's. Do any members of the list have
> experience of either receiving or giving cognitive therapy or both for
> parkinsons. I would be very grateful for any information.

perhaps not pertinent to your purpose, i and numerous others have
benefitted from the Feeling Good Handbook by David Burns.

i also found value in:
Undoing Depression
Richard O’Connor, PhD
Little, Brown & company; 1st ed.; ISBN 0-316-62643-0; RC537.0326   1997

The latter references the former. the feelings journal - homework - is
the crux of efficacy for these volumes in self help mode - which i use
and recommend

--
Ron Vetter 1936, '84 PD dz
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter