Ivan,

I am very sorry to hear of the deaths. Such news is always devastating,
especially when it's within one's community. I think it is police procedure
to not release much information about cases under investigation. The
rationale, as I understand it, is that information about an investigation
released to the public via various media gives the perpetrator(s) an
advantage and may actually help them elude capture. The same thing happened
in Bellingham last summer when a young woman was found murdered on a
mountain road in the area. There was no release of information until the
suspect was identified. Once that happened and it became a search, of
course the public was given a full description of the suspect and details
of the crime. Unfortunately, the murderer has not been apprehended.

Best wishes,
Rick Hermann