hi all

helen wrote me privately
and i didn't think she'd mind if i answered her publicly
with a few additional musings of my own...

At 18:02 1999/05/16 EDT, you wrote:
>Dear Janet,
>I rarely use the web for info - don't have the time. Is it possible for
>you to once in awhile put the list instrucions on the list also. Last
>year when I went to the Forum I hand carried the instruction to access
>the list and had it printed for distribution at the Forum. I would really
>like to do that again. If this is not convenient please let me know.
>Thanks
>Helen

dear helen

certainly i could post the subscription instructions to the PIEnet list
no problemmo

i'm curious about how many of us don't use the wwweb...
and why...

helen, you have access to both
an e-mail software program and a wwweb browser software program
since they are combined in the aol 'package' ...

i wonder how many of us have only an e-mail program and no wwweb browser?

e.g.
if i type in the wwweb address of the PIEnet list subscription instructions
here:
<http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/pienet/subs/index.html>
how many of us can 'read' it as a wwweb site address?
= a URL ? [nerdese for Universal Resource Locator]
= a hyper-link ?
= is it 'clickable' ?

= can you double-click on it with your mouse and thus 'jump' directly to it ?

or

would you have to "copy and paste" the address
from your e-mail program to your wwweb browser program
before being able to access it?

i use eudora lite as my e-mail program
and it recognizes every URL address as a hyper-link;
if i double-click on the URL with my mouse,
eudora starts up my netscape web browser automatically

just curious, is all

janet

who has just attached a mobile-mini-pig-pen to the wwwinnebago for porky

janet paterson   52 now 41 dx 37 onset  [log in to unmask]
613-256-8340   PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
a  new  voice  <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>