Seymour....

Thanks so much for posting a copy of the Janet Reno article.  I
found this to be very interesting in many ways...

The author showed a Janet Reno I'd never seen before - one who
DOES discuss Parkinson's Disease, but refers to what she has a
"IT," (which I usually do, also, not wanting to grant "it" even so
much as a name).

That she even discusses "IT" at ALL is a surprise to me, and to
share her FEELINGS about having this disease is even more of a
surprise, considering what the press has quoted her as saying
about it in the past, I.e., "it's no big deal, etc.."

This message actually changes my view of Ms. Reno, because I
presumed from previous press-originated articles that she had no
desire to discuss "IT" at all, and it appears NOW that she WILL
discuss "IT."    BUT - she isn't going to let "IT" dominate her
conversation OR her life and is willing to say that.

I'd like to see this message in other newspapers, if possible, and
will send a copy of it to the L.A. Times, with a brief cover
letter suggesting that they show a COMPLETE picture of Ms. Reno
the next time one of their reporters comments that she has PD.

Better yet, I'd like to see Ms. Reno take a even a small public
stance letting the world know that with the drugs that are
available today, persons with "IT" can lead a longer and more
productive life in many cases.

It should also be noted that for every Janet Reno, there's someone
struggling to just make it thru the day with a modicum of comfort
and a tiny bit of dignity and quality of life.

Barb Mallut