Debbie,
Having spent a week in the hospital for surgery of a bleeding ulcer
almost 2 years ago I think I can offer some advice.

1/ on every hospital chart that pertains to you mother's stay it should
be written ( in
bright colors) that she has Parkinson's
2/ her Parkinson's medication should be given to your mother on her
regular schedule, not theirs
3/ you should have a list of contrainindicated drugs - if she is taking
Eldepryl she should not be given demerol
4/ all PWP should keep on hand, for emergency or planned surgery, APDA
Educational Supplement #5    "HOSPITALIZATION OF A PARKINSON PATIENT"  My
husband liked to point out to the nurses where in the article it states
"all hell breaks lose" if the Parkinsonian isn't given their medication
as regularly scheduled.  For a copy of this supplement call the APDA at
1-800-223-2732

Sharon Habing