At 13:04 1999/05/19 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello List!  I sent my first (and introductory) message to this list
>yesterday and although there have been about 40 onlist messages
>since then, there has been not one acknowledgement of my message.
>And, although I did ask questions, they too have gone unanswered.

i'm 'off' now and need to be brief
not curt
or kurt

here is my answer:

welcome from one who was born at 100 Yorkville Avenue in T.O.

>I am a long time Internaut and Cybernut and present on many lists.
>This is the first time this has happened to me and I am surprised
>at the feeling of abandonment I have.  Ever get excited about going
>to a party when you move to a new neighborhood, you go there and
>no one talks to you because you are new and your excitement turns
>to sadness?  That's how I felt.

you are not responsible for the way people treat you
only for the way you treat them - rose lane

>I was not sure that my message was received by the list until I
>received one reply offlist, so I knew it had been received.
>
>I live in Toronto, my Dad, PWP is in Boca Raton, Fla.  I have been
>able to find 2 support groups but still have questions about medical
>care.  Should I resend my [original, initial] message?
>
>Last night I was realizing the power the Parkinson's List has.
>Do you realize, that you are THE interactive Internet source on
>THE ENTIRE PLANET for Parkinson's Disease info?  This is _the_ list
>on the planet and has subscribers from all over the world.  That's
>pretty amazing, and so are y'all.

yes!!!!
and so are you, since you joined us!

>Nope, I'm not mad, teasing a little bit because I would like to
>feel like a welcome member of the list.

you are and you were
sometimes it helps to shout a little around here
just like a reg'lar fambly

>Barbara Patterson does a great welcome message for those who initially
>sign on.  Maybe 2 or 3 folks can keep their eyeballs peeled for newbies
>who post their first message so they/we don't feel so out in the cold?
>
>How many are on this list, anyway?
>See you online.
>- Marilyn -
>  Marilyn Gang       [log in to unmask]      Toronto, Ontario, Canada

go dig in my website for info  -
it's the pienet's cyber-mobile-wwweb-wwwinnebago

gee
there's the media-gang, the hole-in-the-head-gang, the care-list gang
and now the m-gang!

janet

janet paterson   52 now 41 dx 37 onset  [log in to unmask]
613-256-8340   PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
a  new  voice  <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>