Dear List Family...

Thinking about adding Gingko Biloba to your supplements?

PLEASE make sure FIRST... "first," as in BEFORE - you just up and
buy the stuff at the corner drugstore and pop a pill - MAKE SURE
you're not ALREADY taking a blood thinner like Comedian,  OR
aspirin, OR vitamin E, OR any other drug that slows down your
blood clotting time!!!!!

Gingko Biloba slows down ones clotting time, and if you're taking
drugs to slow blood clotting, or are having surgery (as I am, on
the 22) your MD should be made aware of ANY supplements and/or
vitamins you're taking in addition to your regular PD meds.

You ALSO should have a working knowledge what a supplement and/or
vitamin you take as an adjunct to your PD drug regimen, especially
since because such information is readily available on a wide
variety of medical and drug related sites.

PLEASE, dear friends.. don't rush right out and spend a bundle
(and these supplements and vitamins are costly when taken month
after month after month!) on supplements before you find out the
NEGATIVES along with the positives of 'em!  They may be referred
to as "supplements" or "vitamins," but they still ARE in their own
way, DRUGS, and may conflict with those prescribed drugs you
already take.

FYI.... I recently picked up a copy of an outstanding resource for
just the above reasons:  It's called "Worst Pills, Best Pills," by
Sidney M. Wolfe, M.D., et al <-- lotsa other doctors names).  The
book is available from virtually all online book sources such as
Amazon.com, or Barnes & Noble, and at most book stores.   The book
runs about $16.95. (and this isn't the only such reference book -
just the one I happen to have bought)

Oh... And as usual, I have no financial interest in the above
book.

Barb Mallut (feels sharper and more AWAKE on Gingko Biloba)