On 16 May 99 at 15:27, Bob & Joy Graham wrote:

> Don't we all have memory problems... SNIP
> The point is, a few days previously someone else (Pam!) had been telling me
> about an Indian herb which is used to help memory and has been found to be
> very good in Alzeimer's.
>
> So my question is - does anyone know the name of this drug?  I may be
> needing some!

Hi Joy (and Barb and Gina)

I could not find anything encouraging on an "Indian" herb.... I did
find plenty of references to Traditional Chinese Medicin (TCM) & the
herbal extract Ginkgo Biloba.

http://seniorhealth.miningco.com/library/weekly/aa051597.htm
<gingko history - links - monograph>

http://seniorhealth.miningco.com/library/weekly/aa071198.htm
<gingko - improving memory - links to alzheimers>

As a caveat, anyone considering alternative medicine ie: herbal
remedies, should read Camilla Craccholo's (RN) essays at:

http://www.primenet.com/~camilla/herbs

She does have positive things to say about gingko...

http://www.primenet.com/~camilla/gingko11.faq

http://www.primenet.com/~camilla/gingko.faq

Joy, Barb & Gina, I wish you the best of health......Murray