 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses        50   deg. F   :-)
I am sorry to not be as available  to the List as I have been.  Two gay
men hae been killed here recently.  One was probably strangled, and the
other may have been strangled as well.  We in the gay community still do
not know enough about the exact circumstances.  No suspects have been
revealed or named by the police.

One was a friend of  many here in Portland, who was a Jewish architect.
He was very talented, and well-liked. His body was found behind a
dumpster, frozen in the snow, 60 miles away, in Augusta.   We are told he
committed suicide with a gun.  Yet an eyewitness insists that he was
strangled. Noone here could imagine him buying a gun.

 We do not know the name of the other  man yet.  His body was found in
his Augusta apartment after he had been followed. Stories are circulating
that he was mugged and killed shortly after leaving a gay-owned business.

Tomorrow is my gay men's scrabble and cards night, so maybe I'll hear
more.

Ivan