Dear Reuben,
Welcome to the List.

Reuben Isberg wrote:
> I am a new member of the list and am interested in
> fava or faba beans as an alternative or supplement to
> Cdop/Ldopa which give me headaches and make me drowsy.

There has not been extensive work done on use of fava beans, and none of
my clients have used them, so I can't give you good information.
However, a search of the Archives will turn up many past postings on
this topic. Some have been pleased with the results, others felt that
such a large quantity of beans was required to make a difference that it
wasn't practical.
You can search the Archives at:
http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/ct.html

> I am in the early stage of PD, 86 years old next
> December.

As a registered dietitian, my concerns are first and foremost to prevent
nutrition-related conditions and hospitalizations. Bone fractures,
malnutrition, acid reflux, wasting, dehydration are some of these
conditions. I encourage you to get plenty of calcium (1500 mg per day)
and plenty of vitamin D (600 IUs per day -- either by frequent exposure
to sunlight, or by supplements). Water and other fluids are important to
prevent dehydration and urinary tract infections, and also to control
constipation. As much weight-bearing exercise (such as walking) as
possible will help keep bones strong and muscles in tone.

Good for you for joining this excellent List,and for being proactive
about your health!!
My very best regards,
Kathrynne
--