This is a very iomportant occasion - in fact it could be one of the most
signifcany things to have happened in quite a while. For this might - and I
hope it will - be the breakthrough leading to the educatioon of medical
personnel into the special peculiarities and requirements of PWPa that so
oftten lead to misundestandings, and midsiagnoses. and mis-treatments .As much
as we need money for reassearcn, we need to be recognissed for what and who we
are. The doctor, and the lawyer and the social worker need to knoow that the
blank expressionless face does not mean a lack of concern or interest.  And
we're not being crotchetty when we demand our medicine exactly on time.And we
dont always function at the same level of efficiency.Sometimes in our grand
campaigns and petitions, we get so swept up by the immnsity of it all, that we
forget that a crowd is made  up of individuals, each  with his or  her
individual problems. And yes, we all need the cure, but we each need help on
an individual basis too. And this is a good place to start.
Hilary Blue.

*****************

judith richards wrote:

> Company Press Release
>
> National Parkinson Foundation Forms 'Alliance to Cure Parkinson's
> Disease' with U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
>
> ,,,,,,disease as well as improving the treatment of Parkinson patients who are
> a part of the Veterans Health Service. I am truly grateful that the
> National Parkinson
> Foundation is a partner in this endeavor.''

.
.
.
.