Since the beginning of April, the Parkinson Alliance, through its campaign to
raise funds for research with the grassroots community entitled, "Pennies for
Parkinson's" has been extremely successful... and the best part is, this is
only the beginning!  Requests for materials to participate are still coming
in at a steady rate, and people from all corners of the country are sending
back checks just as fast!

Below I have listed amounts that have come in sorted by state for two reasons:
*       to let the participants know how they are doing,

*       to encourage others who have not yet done so, to call the Alliance
headquarters    to become involved.

This is an easy and (as you can see below) effective way for you to make a
difference in contributing to the growth of innovative research that will
find a cure for this dreaded disease.  So, to those of you who have already
taken part, GREAT JOB and keep up the good work!  And to those who have yet
to get involved, get on the bandwagon!  We are going to beat this disease,
but not without taking some initiative  and responsibilty for our future!!!

Below a few of the states, I have mentioned a person or person(s) whose
efforts merit special attention and all of our thanks, but all of these big
numbers are made up of many little checks so EVERYONE'S efforts are important.

District of Columbia (DC, VA, MD metro area)            $76,000.00*
        * Thank you to Dr. Peter Morabito and all the members of the the
Capital Chapter                 of the NPF!!!
New Jersey                      $8,017.52
        * Margaret Tuchman, Terrie Whitling and Barbara Schirloff
New York                        $2.584.82
        * Latest Doros Award winner, Dale Severance.  Congratulations, Dale!
California                      $1,970.00
        * Carol Walton, Mary Yost, Charlotte Mancuso and Susan Kline
Pennsylvania            $1,873.50
        * General Jim Cordy, Gerrie Haynes and Jane Wright
Kentucky                        $988.08
        * Gayle Zoeller
Illinois                                $645.00
        *Joan Snyder
Florida                         $410.00
        *Jacque Urso, Jim Hart
Michigan                        $298.00
        * Lorraine Jeffe and MPF
Texas                           *TBD
        *Kees Paap, Nina Brown
Virginia                                $126.00
South Carolina          $100.00
Tennessee                       $100.00
Iowa                            $89.00
Georgia                         $50.00
Ohio                            $45.00
Oklahoma                        $30.00
Oregon                          $30.00
Wyoming                 $27.00
Arizona                         $25.00
Maryland                        $15.00
New Hampshire           $13.00
Nebraska                        $5.00

In case you are wondering, the latest balance of the Parkinson Alliance
PROseed Grant bank account is $113,390.90!!!  That was raised in a little
more than A MONTH AND A HALF!!!   Just think what we can accomplish in a
year...

Thanks again to ALL of our "Pennies for Parkinson's" participants.

The Parkinson Alliance
1250 24th Street, NW
Suite 300
Washington, DC 20037
1(888)331-4673

*please send any email requests for information and/or materials off-list to