Dear Listfriends,
Not long ago I posted to say that Ray Lakin, a UK listmember and
caregiver for his wife Helen (who has PD), had undergone chemotherapy
for lung cancer. The cancer was subsequently diagnosed as a mesothelioma
-- cancer caused by exposure to asbestos, and not treatable. Ray
previously contributed regularly to the Parkinsn List; listmembers were
kind enough to e-mail messages of support to Helen, and her daughter
wrote me to say how very much Helen enjoyed receiving and reading them.

His family has just written me to say that Ray has passed away on
Wednesday May 12. I enclose the note I received from Ray's son-in-law,
Simon Chilcott. I am sure Helen would very much appreciate hearing from
listmembers in this time of loss. You may e-mail her at her daughter and
son-in-law's address:

Simon and Vicky Chilcott --

The following is the post I received from Simon:
****************************
Dear Kathrynne

I am deeply sorry to tell you that Ray died on Wednesday 12 May. During
the
last days of his life he was mostly asleep and received constant care
from
family and the local nurses. The funeral will be held next Wednesday.

The family is bearing up under the circumstances as Ray's death came
after
a long fight against the disease he contracted in his career.There is
almost a sense of relief that the battle is done but there is also a
huge
hole in our lives now he has gone.

Kind regards

Simon Chilcott