Congratulations, Dale!!!! The Doros Award is the palpable and just
reward for your years of dedicated hard work on behalf of the PWPs.
The timing is perfect after having a hugely successful symposium in
Syracuse. Having been in close communication with you through these
past six months of your planning and organizing, I could truly
appreciate the outcome: a well constructed and valuable event.
The overwhelming response of the community wanting to attend shows how
hungry we are for information. People drove hours to get to Syracuse
and stayed for the entire program. There were people in wheel chairs,
with walkers, canes and just slowly moving about. The population was
representative of our general universe: the older and the young
on-set, the racial and ethnic mix, the urban and rural environment.
The speakers were informative and interesting. I particularly like the
panel that Dr. Lucien Cote moderated with Dr. Abe Lieberman, Dr. Ron
L. Alterman, and the young and impressive Dr. Efrain Perez-Vargas
giving informative and in many instances differing view points to
audience questions. Of course, Kathrynne Holden was wonderful, her
knowledge and interest in PD is unrivaled, AND she makes the process
of our digestive system fascinating with her enthusiastic and warmly
personal presentation.
The pharmaceutical companies: Pharmacia-Upjohn, Roche and Medtronics,
the makers of the DBS device, were present to give handouts and
information to the 300 participants. Maureen, your wonderful wife,
friends Tony and Peggy Fazio, Skip and Marlene VanDoran, NPF’s Michael
Alicea and fellow Alliance members Carol Walton, Gerry and Brig
Haines, and I were busily engaged in corralling EVERYONE to sign the
PAN PETITION, and buy 50-50 tickets for fun and growing the coffers of
the PRO-Seed grants fund.
I encourage all support groups and chapters to hold symposiums,
workshops,etc to bring the PWPs, medical communities and pharm.
companies together for an exchange of information and concerns. It is
a rewarding experience.
Today’s donations for PRO-Seed Grants lead to a PD free tomorrow!
Parkinson Alliance                          Margaret Tuchman
1250  24th Street, NW               [log in to unmask]
Suite 300                                     Princeton, NJ
Washington, DC 20037                    609.921.1696