Date:    Tue, 18 May 1999 23:34:52 EDT
From:    Tim Hodgens <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Fetal Cell Transplant surgery

I attended a neurology grand rounds today in
which the results of a double blind study
involving fetal cell transplantation were
presented.  These results have not yet been
published but the presentor who was one of the
principal investigators "wanted to get the results
out (fast)"  He told me afterwards that he hopes
to have it published in a few months and is thinking
it may be published in the NEJM.

Bottom line - he would not recommend the surgery
because of the complication of intensified dyskinesia
showing up a year or so after surgery.  It's late
right now and I will try and get more of the material
out in a day or so. I am on "inactive status" on
the PD list so perhaps someone may want to pass
this on to the list if it would be new information
for them.

Tim

Tim Hodgens, Ph.D.
Psychologist