hi all

At 07:11 1999/05/16 -0500, paul wrote:
>I received this letter from a visitor to my website and am hoping a few
>of you have better information to help her than I do. If you can help
>please write her directly without feeling the need to go through my
>address, as she just found out about this Listserv through me.
>
>Thanks, Paul
>"Parkinsons News From the Front Line"
><http://www.cloudnet.com/~mandms>
>
>> Subj:     Help
>> Date:     Thu, 13 May 1999 11:34:53 -0500
>> From:     "Carmen Contreras"<[log in to unmask]>
>> To:      [log in to unmask]
>>
>> Dear Sir, I found your information page in the web, my English is not
>> good enough but I want to receive information from people involved
>> with parkinsonīs disease. My mother has been 15 years with PD, since
>> the diagnosis she took SINEMET, and now she is extremely bad,
>> she walks just a few minutes a day and she is always rigid, her mouth
>> seems as it "grow", and now she can not speak normally at all.
>>
>> I want help, in Mexico there is not very much options, aditional we are
>> not rich at all, I would like to recived ideas from every one, I know
>> that there is a SINEMET in the USA for long lasting effects, we do not
>> have here in Mexico. She takes 2 pills and a half every day,
>> (in 1/2 pill dosis, every three hours), and LEXOTAN (bromazepan) and
>> AKINETON (biperideno), .We began a naturistic treatment since 15 days
>> ago, (both treatments) but for the last two weeks I see her very bad.
>>
>> Please help me with your ideas and advises, Could I get the SINEMET long
>> lasting even in USA (I have friends that could buy it to me),
>> Please help me, we are a small family, (just me and my brother), and we
>> feel desperate now.
>>
>> My name is Maricarmen Contreras/Javier Contreras
>> Tel. (2) 72 5 47 97 (home), tel. (2) 72 8 04 21 (work)
>> Fax. (2) 72 8 04 81
>> e-mail.: [log in to unmask]

hello to maricarmen and javier

how wonderful to be able to 'talk' to you this way!

you say your mother has had PD for 15 years
has her medication been changed over that time?
has she seen a neurologist?
does the timing of her medication make a difference in her symptoms
through the minutes and hours of a day?

you also say that she has been very bad for the past two weeks
and that you gave her 'naturistic treatments' for the past 15 days

i would suggest very strongly
that the 'naturistic treatments' should be stopped
since they seem to be making her parkinson's worse

in regard to your questions about Controlled Release Sinemet [Sinemet CR]
it has helped some people and not others
[it makes me very dyskinetic]
but whatever prescription medications your mother takes
should be supervised by a neurologist

i hate the idea of someone needing healthcare
and not being able to 'afford' to pay for it
but i don't know how to help you in this area

i am now going to 'translate' this message into spanish
by using a website especially for translations

i hope this helps even just a little bit
do keep in touch with us

if you want to join our Parkinson Information Exchange network
please let me know

your mother is now my parkinson 'cyber-sibling'
[which makes me your 'cyber-aunt'???]

janet

janet paterson   52 now 41 dx 37 onset  [log in to unmask]
613-256-8340   PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
a  new  voice  <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>