From: [log in to unmask]
Full-name: Brignal1
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 15:24:03 EDT
Subject: Re: Remember when YOU were twenty-four?Yes
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
CC: [log in to unmask]

Sorry about the last post.
I hope you all read that post "remember when you were twenty-four", well, yes
I can.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We hosted(fed and bedded the group of your people who are doing their
thing(bicycling etc.) across the USA, and I have to tell you they were the
best bunch of young adults I have met lately.  They are courteous, grateful,
intelligent and super.  We had such a great time, they slept in our
home(small cape cod) on the floor, in beds, on couches, anywhere they could.
I had beds for them in homes but they were so tired, they asked if they could
just bunk here.  Cannot say enough about them, enjoyed every minute they were
with us.  It was 12 in our house with 2 dogs and their puppy.  I made them a
meal and they made me feel like I gave them prime rib and lobster tail, when
all it was spaghetti, salad, garlic bread and strawberry shortcake.  Our
support group(Lehigh Valley) very graciously paid for their breakfast the
next morning and we returned them to starting point.
One more time, I'm on this list asking for people to do something, anything,
to help the cause.  Meet them, then write to me and tell me I'm wrong, this
is a terrific group of young athletes.  You can do "Pennies for Parkinson"and
still do a lunch, or provide a bed or a breakfast for these guys.  We feel it
was our privilege to have met them and contributed in such a small way.
Gerry and Brig Haines(Bethlehem, Pa.