I noticed a couple of years ago that my friend who has had P.D. for 24
years could not breath into her diaphram.  I also noticed that when I was
in off time that my breathing was shallow and quickened.  I decided some
breathing excercises might help as part of my general excercise program
each day.  For improved deep breathing I suggest something I learned from a
yoga tape called breath of fire.  I'll try to explain,   You pull your
belly button into the back of your spine with as much force as you can
muster, thus expelling all the air out of your diaphram. Then release and
let the air back in without actually breathing it in. Repeat this as
quickly as you can and as many times as you can.  At first it will be very
difficult so start slowely and build up repetitions.  It's also great for
the tummy muscles girls, so that's an extra bonus.

Mary Thompson from Oz