To prevent bed sores, hospitals often use sheep skins.  They put
the sheepskin under the sheet.  There are different kinds of sheepskins
and the ones most traditionally used in hospitals are cut close and
thick (like a crew cut).  They may be treated as well.

In the past several years, there are synthetic sheepskin lookalike
pads that can be bought, but I still prefer the sheepskins.  They also
help maintain a comfortable body temperature (warm or cool -- whatever
seems to be required.

I don't know where one can get sheepskins today.  I used to get them
from a sheepskin factory in SW New Hampshire, near where I used to live.

As for healing them, try aloe vera.  The best thing to do is to
take an aloe vera leaf, split it a bit and put the goo on the sore.
Repeat a couple of times a day.  Aloe leaves can be taken from an aloe
vera plant, or, some places (in the southern US, health food stores) sell
the leaves in the produce area.  An aloe plant is very good to have in the
house if there are frequent cuts, burns, scrapes.  It's one of the
few plants mentioned in the Bible.

- Marilyn -
Marilyn Gang            [log in to unmask]