hi all

At 12:49 1999/05/26 -0400, richard wrote:
>This may be a dumb question,  but what is restless leg syndrome,
>and how does that relate, if at all, to other random movements
>caused by PD and/or Sinemet?

RLS is a movement problem separate from PD

i believe it's not uncommon among parkies
and it also may be treatable with some of the pd meds

from what i understand
it's got nothing technically to do with PD

and from what else i understand
it's no picnic

the restlessness or twitchiness you may hear associated with PD
tends to be dyskinesia = uncontrolled movements,
generally caused by too high a level of levodopa
in someone who has had pd for a number of years and/or
has become sensitive to minute changes in dopamine levels

there should be lots of mention of RLS in our archives
and also on the wwweb in general

look in
the "words" section [for the archives]
or
the "links" section [for wwweb links of interest including search engines]
in
the "pienet" section of
my web-site
"a new voice"

janet

janet paterson   52 now 41 dx 37 onset  [log in to unmask]
613-256-8340   PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
a  new  voice  <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>