Last December I had a hospital vacation for one week. After being taken to my
room, the staff want no take my drugs (they would dispense any medication).
I refused to give my drugs to them, fortunately for me!
They were never OnTime with my dosage, never correct in which drugs at which
time.
But I was able to keep my schedule because of keeping possession also, I
contacted my neurologist, to notify the hospital that I am capable of
dispensing my pd meds.
Last Friday, I also had major surgery, and prior to the surgery I was very
much concerned about my medications and the time schedules. Fortunately I had
an excellent surgeon to discuss my fears and anxieties with! We agreed that I
would be in total control of my meds and the times that they would be taken,
and coordinated the surgery time with my dosage times (the surgery took 3 1/2
hours). I was in total control of my drugs, my dr. had indicated this in very
bold letters on my chart! I had brought everything with me and it was a very
pleasant experience.
For the future, you may want to talk with your mothers Drs., prior to any
hospital stay, about you dispensing her pd meds..
Never, trust the hospitals to do this. They are so busy, and most are so
unfamiliar with how critical our drug schedules can be.
I hope that she is recovering well!
Brenda
44dx40