In a message dated 5/22/99 6:05:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  Today we decided to give her Sinemet every
 2.5 hours so that she can eat a little bit more during her meals.  She did
 not do as well as the previous two days but she is still much better than
 before the surgery.  We will probably go back to dosing every 2 hours.

 As for any other medications.  She is taking Elavil 30 minutes before bed
 and Restoril right before going to sleep.  A few weeks ago she tried a very
 low dose of Permax but she nearly passed out.  We are going to wait for her
 to recover from the surgery and gain a little more weight before trying the
 Permax, again. >>

Teresa,
I don't know this to be true, but it seems to work for me (usually-nothing
ever works well constantly with this stupid disease).:

1  Because of the reaction you mentioned before, I think I would suggest
Mirapex to the neuro.  It doesn't act like an ergot.

2.  Try a little protein in her diet during the day.  While it still reduces
the power and duration of Sinemet, I have found it useful in smoothing out
the peaks and valleys.  The proper time to try it is about 45 minutes after
the last (previous) Sinemet dose.

Because I too am often hungry, I have to use care to not go overboard.
However, working up slowly, I have discovered I can get away with the
occasional daytime big Mac.

Regards,
WHH 55/38/37

PS: My last palli was in '94