I wanted to share some experiences we had with several hospitalizations a few
years ago.   One of the reasons he was hospitalized was due to the fact that
he was on a very irradic schedule with his PD meds plus the fact he often
overdosed on his meds.  I was working and assumed the nursing staff would
give his meds on schedule.

When I realized this was not true I was told they had a one hour leeway.  In
other words, they could give his 7 a.m. medicine at 8 a.m. and his 10 a.m.
medicine at 9 a.m.  Rather than a 3 hour schedule that could mean there was
only 1 hour difference.  I very strongly expressed my opinions and was told I
could be in charge of the meds.  Since there was a lot of time when no one
was with him, that was impossible.

Fortunately our doctor listened to what was happening and gave orders that
his meds were to be on a strict schedule.  This helped but not completely and
I checked as much as I could as to when his meds were given.

Was something listed recently about a booklet on hospital care?  I thought
there was but have lost the message.

Good luck to you.

Dorothy CG Roy 68/42/40