Re the question about hearing a pill timer.  Ted could not hear the "beep" on
the pill timers .... I could hear it upstairs and behind closed doors but he
would be on top of it and he had a dead spot in his hearing and couldn't
hear.  I found a timer that works.  It is meant for kitchen timing ...
doesn't hold pills.  It is about 2" x 3" with a clip that he clips onto his
pocket.  The name of this one is Voice Craft, a talking timer.  It is set for
the time, if you push it it gives the current time.  You can also get a count
down ...... i.e., three minutes left, two minutes left, etc.  It has
different sound settings, I think a car horn, ... it is loud.  I call it a
bong bong.  At any rate for us it works.  You may find it in catalogues for
kitchen wares and it also is at Radio Shack.  If not in the store, they have
a catalogue in the store.   As I recall it is about $19.  When he went into
the pool at the Y with it in his pocket, I bought an extra one to have on
hand for next casualty.

Virginia Christiansen
White Plains, NY