Are your large meals full of protein?  My mother's symptoms subsided quite a
bit when she reduced her protein.

Teresa

-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Harlan Williams, Jr.
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 1999 1:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: introducing myself

My name is Harlan Williams.  I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in
1994
at the ripe old age of 28.  I have lived with the Disease ever since.  I am
now 33.  I take sinemet 25/100 up to 7 times a day, tasmar 200 mg 3 times a
day, and mirapex 1.5 mg 2 times a day.  This combination of medication seems
to keep me functional in society.  I also work out 3 times a week and lift
weights during my workout.

Sometimes, I stiffen up, especially after a big meal, when my sinemet cannot
get into my small intestine because my lunch is in my stomach.  This is the
most disturbing time for me.  I don't really have a tremor, I just tend to
get stiff and have trouble moving my left side of my body.

If anyone has some advice, besides eating a smaller lunch, as to how to
avoid
stiffening up in the afternoon after a big meal, I would be happy to receive
such.

Thanks,

Harlan