In a message dated 5/25/99 6:27:06 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< . I keep typing multiples e.g. Caroleeeee >>

Hiiiiiiiii Caaaaaroleeeee,

In Windows 98 you can adjust the speed at which a repeat of a character
appears when holding the key as follows:

Go to START
Then SETTINGS
Then CONFIGURATION
Then click on the KEYBOARD - icon
Here you can adjust the double-click speed of your mouse (above), and the
repeat-speed of the characters (below).
There is a test-screen to check if its better after adjusting.
Then click OK
Then close CONFIGscreen with ALT + F4.

If it doesnt help right away, it might work only after you have rebooted
your computer.

<<  I kept trying to save it as a draft while
I sent the original but apparently my computer won't do that.  >>

Try this:

Do not "SAVE" it, but do "SAVE AS".
Then it is saved into the "CONCEPTS"-box.
Then if you want to send it later and NOT keep a copy in concepts, just
click SEND.
If you want to keep a draft in concepts AND send it too, you first copy the
draft into two drafts and then send one of them.

Hans.