Hi....Early intervention to delay onset of PD symptoms is the intent of this
study,  per a research aide of Dr. William Koller, currently  at the
University of Kansas Medical Center.  She responded to my query on Hans
original post as follows:
<<
Hi Barbara, this is a study that we have been doing here for the last several
years.   It is not really a video game, what it is is a test battery composed
of a smell test, depression test and a wrist movement task.  The movement
task has been compared to a video game because it has a box that contains
lights and you have to try to follow the lights and stop at the same point
that the lights stop.  You do this by moving your wrist which controls your
set of lights.  The goal is to try to match the computer lights with yours.
 This is kind of confusing to explain.  Next time you are at KU I would be
happy to show you how it works.  We have been using it to try to detect PD
prior to the development of obvious symptoms.  The idea behind this is that
if we can detect PD before the dopamine levels are severely lowered as is
typical when a patient is diagnosed - then maybe we could develop an
intervention that could help in delaying the disease before it gets to that
point.

Best regards to all,

Barbara Blake-Kres in KS 58/44