janet paterson wrote:

> hi all
>
> a couple of years ago
> i discovered the goldmine which is pubmed
> a source of over 9,000,000 published medical studies/abstracts
>
> if i did a general search way back when
> for "parkinson"-related abstracts added in the prior "30 days",
> i usually found 30 - 40 - 50 abstracts
>
> yesterday i found 143
>
> this is not a one-shot deal
> it is part of a trend which has been getting 'worse' each month
>
> over the next little while
> i will post a few of those abstracts which caught my eye
> for my usual reasons:
> 1. in order to share them with you
> and
> 2. in order to get them into our archives
>
> eventually, and gradually,
> i plan on posting the ones i find most interesting
> [and which may pertain to recent cyber-"threads"]
> in the "medical abstracts" section of
> the "my PIEnet words" section of
> my web site "a new voice"
>
> in the meantime
> keep your eyeballs peeled
>
> JAnet of PIEnet

> janet paterson   52 now 41 dx 37 onset  [log in to unmask]
> 613-256-8340   PO Box 171  Almonte  Ontario  K0A 1A0  Canada
> a  new  voice  <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
Janet, your work is splendid! Keep it up! The release free of charge
to the general public a couple of years ago, of the huge NIH Medline
archive through PubMed, is one of the best things NIH ever did. And
don't forget the extremely competent PubMed staffers, who are
responsible for the crossindexing phrases and keywords that make
searching so effective and easy. When I began my own little routine
of weekly visits to the hospital library, that bonanza was not yet
available. Now, it's a rare occasion when I discover some interesting
item in print before Janet delivers it to you on the PIE. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road