Subj:   Introducing PDKIDS

Hi Everyone,

A while ago there was quite a bit of dicussion of this List about the need
for an Internet List for kids that would allow them to share the same type of
information & support we give each other on this List.  So I thought the
following announcement would be of interest to everyone.

If you know of kids who live with a family member who has PD, enourage them
to send an email to subscribe to PDKIDS.  This is a list for all PDKIDS
through teenage years.

A special thank you to our friend Simon Coles and the Adreinne Coles Memorial
Trust for partnering with us on this project.

The American Parkinson Disease Association Young PD Information and Referral
Center was created to help the entire family of the person with young-onset
PD.  We think this is a much needed addition to our information & support
services.

Susan Reese, RN, LCSW
National Coordinator
American Parkinson Disease Association
Young PD I&R Center
1/800-223-9776
___________________________
INTRODUCING PDKIDS

The American Parkinson Disease Association Young Parkinson's Information &
Referral Center  (http://members.aol.com/apdaypd) in partnership with the
Adrienne Coles Memorial Trust  (http://www.coles.org.uk/) is sponsoring
PDKIDS, an email discussion list for kids who are living in a family with
Parkinson's Disease.

PDKIDS was established as a forum for children (through teenage years)
affected by PD to have a place to share with each other.  Kids may discuss in
confidence (to the extent that an Internet list will allow) anything they
wish about living with a parent or grandparent who has  PD.

A word about privacy: Subscriber names and personal email addresses will be
automatically deleted from email headers posted to the list to ensure
confidentiality.  Using the "reply" button to respond to a member's posted
email will go directly to the PDKIDS list, not to an individual member.
There will be a "light adult presence" on the list, serving to provide
technical guidance and to ensure that the conversation remains constructive.
This "presence" will be provided by the APDA Young Parkinson's Information &
Referral Center and by Simon Coles, the administrator of the Adrienne Coles
Memorial Trust and himself an adult PD kid. The list archive is private to
list members.

   To join PDKIDS, send an email to

   To discuss Parkinson's Disease in general, please join one of the
   lists at http://www.coles.org.uk/community.htm

   To reach the list owners, send an email to