You may also remember Joan Snyder's postings about an
art exhibit that she had the honor of helping to
present several months ago. The art work is that of her
friend, Jane Scott and the photographs are those of her
friend Marc Esser. Together, these two artists have
told the powerful story of Claude Scott, Jane's father,
who was a teacher in Chillicothe, Illinois for 35
years. This is the story of Claude Scott's courageous
battle with PD. We would ask that you spend some time
browsing through this exhibit which can be viewed at
the following url:

http://www.parkinsonalliance.net/page1.htm

We would ask you to look at these images with your
heart and soul and then to write your reactions: the
emotions elicited by these works, personal stories or
anecdotes brought to memory by the art,
your own feelings that would go with one or another of
these works...or
the entire exhibit. Our vision is to gather the best of
your submissions and those of anyone you may know who
is in some way affected by PD, and to use them on the
website.

Right now, our plan is to have each page headed by a
piece of the art
and then use poems, short stories, anecdotes, &
writings to illustrate
each piece.  Please take some time to view the website
and then let me
know what you think of the idea; offer any ideas that
you may have,
consider any of your past or current work that you feel
is appropriate
and if you feel so inspired, please put your emotions
on paper and then
send me your contributions...that we may make an
statement about the
toll that Parkinson's Disease takes on us all. I
suspect that once you see the art you will feel
compelled as I do, to put this out there for the world
to see.

Jerry Finch
--
Help us save the horses! Habitat for Horses, Inc.
A lifetime home for abused, endangered horses.