Ive experienced exactly the same symptoms in my right leg when very tired after
driving a tension-filled trip of over 8 hours.  I hate it when that happens.
Cruise control is a must, but the quandry is heavy traffic doing 90 miles an
hour doesn't always allow for that luxury.  Result for me is to find a friendly
rest stop and regain control or stop for the night.

John Bjork