YEs Nita BYpass patients do get depressed much on a chemical basis
 It tends to pass rather quickly and often a psychiatrist is not needed but
it is something to think about. at 5 weeks Other things to consider are
stroke which has been ruled out and increase in need of PD meds which can
mimic the depressive symptoms.  But I would put my money on depression as
the cause..
Nita

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.