Charlie:

We are new on the list but glad that something called the "STN" has helped you.  My husband
has had PD for 9 years but we are now living in Tobago (our neuro is with the NPF in Miami
and works with us by phone in coordination with an excellent American trained internist here
-- and our visits to Miami every few months (or sooner if needed).  He is scheduled to begin
several weeks of testing in Miami for a pollidotomy June 10th with the surgery tentatively
scheduled for the first week of July.  We were able to get "Comtess" here (the Tasmar
replacement) but Don could not tolerate it at all.  For the past two months he's been able to
get back on the Tasmar which had caused him LOTS of problems after an initial six month
"heaven" and which our neuro stopped in December.  This return to the Tasmar has been
facilitated by taking 100 mg  every 3-1/2 hours to 4 hours with his Sinemet dosage WITH a
thisilyn supplement of 75 mg.  He lost his ability to tolerate Mirapex when he developed his
problems with the Tasmar and we haven't tried to put him back on it yet.   Our neuro doesn't
know why this is combination is working but wants us to continue this regimen.

So, as you can see, we've been "hustling" the past couple of years to manage Don's PD decline
into a lot of invalidism.   He is perfectly healthy every other way and needs no other
medications of any kind.
SO WE CAN'T HELP WONDERING WHAT AN "STN" IS?

At this point, any info of any type on any thing that a PWP has actually experienced is
helpful.

Thank you!  Glenna (& Don 72/9)