Dear "LIST":

We are much confused.
1.  What PD surgeries are there which are covered by insurance;
2.  Which are not yet approved in the US  and when will they be approved;
3.  And are some of these  "not yet approved" surgeries  being received by some patients in
the US now somehow??)
4.  Are there certain key words or key factors or "magic methodologies" we should know in
getting insurance approvals for PD surgeries?  We'd assume if the surgery was recommended by
our insurance approved neurologist that the surgery payment approvals would be "automatic".

Camilla has helpfully shown me how to access the PD List Archives but I would like to hear
from some of you who have experiences or knowledge pertaining to our above questions since
we're on an 11 day countdown to going to the states for the pallidotomy we requested and our
neuro agreed to without mentioning these other surgeries as also available.

Thanks!  glenna