Dear Lichen,
Virtually all of the anti-parkinson medications, including amantadine,
have possible side effects that are of concern to dietitians --
anorexia, dry mouth, nausea, constipation. In addition, my
"Food-Medication Interactions" book states, regarding amantadine: Take
at least 4 hours before bedtime to prevent insomnia. May open cap and
mix with food or drink. Avoid alcohol. Possible adverse reactions:
dizziness, insomnia, blurred vision, depression, ataxia, confusion,
fatigue, headache, leg/ankle edema, hallucinations, anxiety; possible
increased urinary frequency or retention.
Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: assessing and managing unique nutrition needs"
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/