Ruth, there are so many people who are only interested in NOT spending money,
and they work for insurance companies,  governments, and every level of the
work force. This is just the tip of the iceberg!  If someone can prove how
money can be saved, ears perk up all over the place!  Since it is hard to
prove how these surgeries can save money,  the next step is to show them how
NOT approving payment might COST them money!  If valuable employees can stay
in the work force, by having access to these procedures, that would be one
good reason for the insurance companies to pay for them. If the word is
spread that SOME insurance companies  are paying, the others will get the
message, and eventually ALL of them will be required to pay.  Call me a
Liberal (I consider it a compliment!) but I believe that if the government
can't force insureres to cover these procedures, then the government itself
should pay for them.  For the cost of a few "smart bombs" or limo rides for a
few government big-wigs, probably all the PWP's in the country could get what
they need!
Ken B