Raj

While bromocryptine is not the latest in the agonists it certainly can be used
for the purpose that your father's doctor intends it to be used.  It is a
dopamine agonist which works in the same way as levodopa but does not depend on
the cells in the substantia nigra to convert the levodopa to dopamine.  If
ropinerole or pramipexole is available in India  I would utilize them but
otherwise bromocryptine is fine.

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.