Just wanted to add how we dealt with this lousy situation.
After suffering thru this PMS balancing act for years we
proposed to Nancy's GP, Neurologist and gynecologist a test
that was deemed to be safe by all and worth a try.

The botttom line was Nancy was put on a birth control pill
called loestrin without interuption. That is she did not
take the inert pill for one week each month but instead took
the real pill all month long. this meant no menstration. The
results were immediate and continued until menopause. There
were no more radical swings in emotions and the daily
parkinson's meds could be trusted to deliver their normal
benefit. I say normal benefit because there are still other
factors like protien intake that effect the degree of
benefit. This contiuned until she reached menopause. Now she
takes prempro which is an estrogen supplement.

With what we know now she would have used this method to
manage her PD much earlier in life.

Hope this helps.

The Martones