 Hi Everyone. I am new to the list but have been "lurking" for several weeks
and since it is approximately 5AM in Connecticut, where I live and I have been
up for approximately one hour with no hope of falling back asleep, I thought I
would introduce myself. I am a 52 year old psychiatric nurse who is hoping to
reading some of the postings, now realize I was having symptoms for at least
five years before that. Typically of me, I was fallimg down in restaurants and
didn't have the energy or strength to cut up my food before I got myself to a
neurologist (and I'm a nurse!) Talk about denial. Anyway, the list is proving
to be a great comfort to me (just by helping me to realize that there are
others out there just like me who are coping with this illness, as well as an
invaluable source of information. Two things before I go-somebody awhile ago
wanted to know what NAMI is-its the National Association for the Mentally -a
lobbying and support group in the states, and does anyone have any
experience/suggestions re: swollen feet, particularly on the affected side.
Cheers, Carole Hercun  52/51/?41 {I hope I'm doing that right.}