Reply to: >>... about bed sores.
It turns out that my mom  (Joyce) has one
on her back. Any wonderful treatment out there?

Debbie White<<
------------------------------

This is very serious, Debbie.  Immediately have
an order written for an alternating pressure air
mattress in addition to treating sore and staying
off her back.  It's always better to prevent these
than to cure them once they appear.

When hospital orders stuff for home care for
Joyce,  make sure they include a monthly rental
of this equipment, covered by Medicare.

I have two of them for Doug, one for his bed
(covered by insurance) and one we rent on our
own for his recliner, just in case.  He never
had a bed sore.

Rental is better than purchase because the
mattress part punctures easily and the pump can
malfunction anytime.  Ours costs $24/month and
any component is replaced by company with a single
phone call.

Victoria Nordli cg