Dennis, et al.....

At my PD support group meeting last April, our guest speaker
was Jeff Bronstein, MD, Ph.D, head of UCLA's movement
disorder team.

I asked Dr. Bronstein specifically about the feasibility of
someone
who's already had a unilateral or a bilateral pallidotomy having a
DBS as I believe that would be the best way for me to eventually
go, rather than having a second pallidotomy.

Dr. Bronstein stated that having had a pallidotomy wouldn't
necessarily hinder a patient's having DBS if that's what it
 takes to return a Parkinson's sufferer to a higher quality of
living

It's possible that this non-meeting-of-medical-minds might be due
to the fact that world-wide there are so few individuals who've
had both surgeries that the medical communities really don't have
enough to base a comparison study on whether it's TRULY safe to
have a DBS after already having a pallidotomy.

ASIDE:  It's GREAT to "see" ya online once again, Den!!

Hugs....

Barb Mallut