Hi all,
Just had an e-mail from Aliza's niece with the note below.
Does anyone have information on this latest research?
All the best.
Gil,CG for Aliza
I don't know if you heard but researchers at Mass General have succeeded in
regrowing spinal cord nerves that had been severed. They have found a
chemical switch that allows the nerves to regrow. If they can regrow
people's own nerves then stem cell transplants will not be necessary and
the ethical issues will become null. It may raise new issues but it's too
soon to know. The research is pretty exciting. I'm not sure why the press
hasn't picked it up.