On 30 May 99 at 18:33, Nancy Burnham wrote:

> Ivan,
> Awhile back this message came from Lanier Maddux.  Might work for you.
> Nancy B cg for Don 65/16
>
> If any of you know anyone who cannot afford AOL etc.....or if you just
> want to save yourself 20 bucks a month, there is a company called
> NETZERO that offers free internet and E-Mail. FREE!!!! I am on it, and
> have been checking it out for a few days and it seems to work well. I am
> still using webtv  for my list participation but may change later. For
> info go to  http://www.netzero.com or it may be .net
> Lanier Maddux   63/2   Chattanooga Tn.
>
> -
>
> >I do not have internet access, because my SSDI is not enough so
> >I cut costs in different ways.  At least, my Juno e-mail is paid by the
> >on-screen
> >advertisers and is free.
> >
> > Does anyone have the time and energy to reprint the text of the
> >Story for us non-internet folks?
> >
> >Ivan
> >
> >On Sun, 30 May 1999 07:03:09 -0600 "Kathrynne Holden, MS,RD"
> ><[log in to unmask]> writes:
> >
> >>This art is absolutely stunning. I finally had the time last night to
> >>view the entire site, beginning to end, and was speechless... (SNIP)
> >

> >^^^^^^  WARM GREETINGS  FROM  ^^^^^^^^^^^^  :-)
> > Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
> > Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)

I looked at netzero's websites and was a little disappointed that the
minimum requirements are 486 or better, Windows 95 or 98.....

For a moment I had a thought of free internet access for my parkie
friends on donated (free) 386 & 486 pc's running Windows 3.x

Perhaps Lanier Maddux can update us on this NetZero thing??

(I sent Ivan the latest press release from NetZero's web site under
seperate cover)  It has the e-mail contact addresses if anyone wants
to look into this without going on the web.

All the best ............. Murray