Jane and Hans,

Unfortunately Jane is correct.  It does cost $12000-it was explained to
me this way.  Since the lithium batteries run down at different rates
depending on the settings of the stimulator and the stimulator needs to
be sealed to prevent serious infections from developing the whole
stimulator must be replaced.  This can be from 11 months to 4 years
depending on the settings. Jane hang in there. You have been an
inspiration to me and others.  NOw it is time to help you Who is your
insurance company.  I think a barrage of letters can't hurt and letters
from your neurologist also would be helpful.  Letters to medtronics
outlining the situation may provide a source of
funding also.

LEt'um have it with both barrels over a broad range of sources.  One is
bound to give in.

Charlie
--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.