In a message dated 5/30/99 10:21:57 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< To ensure at least $100 million for Parkinson's-focused research in fiscal
 year 2000
 In 1997, Congress enacted into law the Morris K. Udall Parkinson's Disease
 Research Act, which authorized the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to
 spend $100 million on Parkinson's-focused research. To date, however, this
 funding has not been allocated and the NIH continues to pursue an
 underfunded and unfocused Parkinson's research program. This tragic
 situation cannot continue!
 In recognition of the one million Americans living with Parkinson's, and the
 additional 60,000 individuals who will be diagnosed this year - one every
 nine minutes - we the undersigned call on the Members of the United States
 Congress to fulfill their commitment to provide at least $100 million for
 Parkinson's-focused research in fiscal year 2000.

 Please return to: Parkinson's Action Network, c/o 1818 N Street NW, Ste 450,
 Washington, DC, 20036

This is an excellant idea! I have made copies of the petition and i will
gather signatures for the petition, but before I send this back to the
network i will send a copy to my state repreentatives.
brenda
44/40