Actually, Don, now I understand beter WHY it costs $12000 to replace the
battery, it is part of a sealed unit, which contains the entire electronics
of the stimulator, (this is serious!)  Now let's think about the
possibilities if everything was made like this!
You go to have the battery checked in your car, the day after the warranty
has expired, and the dealer says: "Mr. customer, all you need is a new
battery, which normally would cost about $75, installed, HOWEVER, in order to
prevent corrosion and leakage of the battery, it has been sealed inside the
engine of the car, which is welded to the frame of the car body, which
prevents vibration from damaging the battery. This makes it impossible to
change the battery at all!  So, after deducting $18.75 which is the remaining
value of the battery, from $24,999.00 for the price of the new car, you owe
us only $24,980.25! "   Back to seriousness,  I really believe that  the
stimulator and its battery should have a warranty that would at least allow
for a replacement at a great discount if it fails in a short time, or they
should sell insurance to cover the cost, like a service contract.  Say Hi to
Vivian+ the family