Jane:

Is it possible that you could now be considered "disabled" and "unemployable"
since you're "battery is dead"? (God, sounds like an awful auto problem, doesn't
it?)   Just because you were not determined to be fully disabled three years ago
when you quit working, doesn't mean that you could get a job now in your current
condition.  So maybe you are eligible for Social Security disability now.  And how
are your finances now?  Anything that could qualify for Medicaid?  If your
finances are "too good", could you put them in a trust with a relative as "Power
of Attorney" based on your PD?  This arrangement could always be reversed if you
wished to reverse it later as long as you can prove you are of "sound mind"
(whatever THAT is!)

Just a thought.   Don't give up.   There must be a way around this.   Most systems
can be honestly "played".    glenna