Hans, That is fascinating The totat cost of my STN Surgery was 50-60,000 charged
of course to my insurance company.  And the hospital stay was 4 days. I presume
that the surgeons are as good or better trained than our US Surgeons who are
flocking to Europe to be trained in STN.  The costs are what the traffic will
bear and the US system with its 3rd party payment system will bear the most.
How Medtronic can charge more than 2x the amount for the same instrument is
beyond me . Not to mention the surgeons fees etc.

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin