Maybe you could benefit from a PETITION, Jane.  I am still struggling to
achieve a
agreement with the City of Portland, and now, the petiiton from the List
that I have
printed out will put pressure on it.

Ivan
:-)

On Fri, 28 May 1999 21:14:32 -0700 JaneRoss <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>The  discussion seems to include me let me say I would never try to
>discourage anyone the feeling of freedom that I had these past three
>years.
>
>It was like a dream.  As most of you know I had experimental DBS
>surgery
>three years ago that my insurance company refused to pay for.  My
>insurance
>company was the ONLY insurance company to deny payment.  I believe
>the
>other patients were covered by medicare.
>
>Several years ago a social security judge declared that I wasn't fully
>disabled
>when I quit working and I was denied my Social Security rights so I
>don't
>have medicare.
>
>Now I have a dead battery on my right side.  They want to take my
>left
>battery and place it on the other side so I would get possibly get a
>couple
>of more years out of it and would disable my left side which since
>the
>surgery has almost stabilized even when turned off.
>
>I have put off calling them to see where I stand with my insurance
>company
>but Monday I must face reality.  I will call.
>
>This has turned into a nightmare for me, It is like giving a child an
>ice
>cream cone then just when they find out how good it is, take it away.
>want my stimulator back!
>
>jjjane
>http://www.geocities.com/soho/village/6263/pienet/people/hithross.html

 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)